RULES OF GOLF
The Rules of Golf as approved by the R.C.G.A. in conjunction with the Local Rules, which appear on the Club’s Local Rule Boards or Scorecards, shall apply. All Members are expected to adhere to the rules of golf whenever participating in any golf competition regardless of where it is played.
The Etiquette as prescribed in the Rules of Golf as approved by the R.C.G.A. shall apply at all times.
The Golf Shop hours of operation will be determined by the hours of daylight. The Golf Shop will post hours of opening from time to time.
The Golf Shop supplies a vast range of golfing requisites, and services and lessons are available from the professional staff as follows:
Individual Private Lesson Fee
Head Professional $ 85.00
Assistant Professional $ 70.00
Associate Professional $60.00
Three Lesson Program Fee
Assistant Professional $200.00
Associate Professional $175.00
Five Lesson Program Fee
Assistant Professional $325.00
Associate Professional $280.00
Ten Lesson Program Fee
Assistant Professional $600.00
Associate Professional $550.00
Group Lessons (Ladies & Men) Please contact the Professional Staff if you are interested in learning in a group environment.
Junior/Junior Program $ 50.00
This lesson series is for children 4-11 years of age who are relatives of Members. Please look for notices in the Marine Driver or contact The Golf Shop for further information.
The Golf Shop's lesson programs are designed to enhance the enjoyment that Members can get from playing golf by developing their skill levels and an appreciation of the game of golf.
SOFT SPIKE POLICY
Marine Drive is a soft spike only golf course from May 1 - September 30. From October 1 - April 30, soft spikes are optional.
To help make everyone's game enjoyable at Marine Drive, Members and Guests should be aware of the following rules of etiquette:
• Golfers are required to keep up with the group in front of them.
• If Golfers cannot keep up, they should let faster groups play through until such time as they can keep up with the field.
• A round of golf should be played in 4 hours or less.
• Any group teeing off before 8:30 a.m. is required to complete their round in 3 hours and 45 minutes or less.
• Any Member who plays in a group that takes more than the Club's allotted time will receive a letter from the Club Captain. A second letter may result in that Member losing their booking privileges.
• After your round is completed, punch your time chit into the time clock to record your playing time. Your time chit MUST be verified by one of the staff members in The Golf Shop.
• All Members will be held responsible for the actions of their Guests while at the Club.
Time bookings shall govern starting on every day from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Members must get approval from The Golf Shop if they plan to tee off earlier than 7:00 a.m.
TIME BOOKING PROCEDURES
Weekends & Statutory Holidays
All Member-only starting times can be booked via paper or electronic ballot. You can fill out a paper ballot and place in ballot boxes, located in both the Men's and Ladies' locker rooms. You may also ballot for starting time via the Internet using your personal id number and password. The ballot must be filled out by Saturday for the following Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The draw for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday must be filled out by the Wednesday prior. Members with email addresses will be notified of their starting time prior
Coloured forms for booking Times are located in the Locker Rooms as are labeled boxes for Saturday and Sunday and Holidays.
To book a Time, complete the appropriate coloured slip, showing two choices of Time periods in which you wish to play and deposit the slip in the appropriate box by Wednesday of the week preceding the weekend in question.
The Draw by The Golf Shop for Starting Times for the entire weekend (including a holiday, if any, which may fall on any day in the following week) will be made on Thursday morning.
To determine the Starting Time drawn, telephone The Golf Shop. Members are requested to confine their phone calls to one per four-ball team - the person phoning can then notify the three other players.
Weekdays - Monday through Friday (Excluding Statutory Holidays)
• Members ONLY may telephone The Golf Shop from 8:00 a.m. onwards TWO days before the weekday for which the Booking is requested, i.e., Saturday for a Monday booking and so on.
• Members who wish to introduce Guests may telephone The Golf Shop from 8:00 a.m. onwards on the preceding day for which the Booking is requested, i.e., Sunday for a Monday booking and so on.
• Intermediate, Limited and Social Waiting-to-Play Members may telephone The Golf Shop from 8:00 a.m. onwards on the preceding day for which the Booking is requested, i.e., Sunday for a Monday booking and so on.
• Limited Intermediate Members may telephone The Golf Shop from 8:00 a.m. onwards on the day for which play is requested.
The names of the players and their status, i.e., Member, Guest, Waiting-to-Play, etc. will be required by The Golf Shop when the Booking is made.
Only one Booking per call will be accepted.
Members will be permitted to book up to two weeks in advance upon payment of a $45.00 Booking Fee for each advance booking.
Only three such tee times will be permitted per day.
If a Member cancels his reserved time less than 48 hours prior to the tee time, the Member will be billed for green fees as reserved.