Still active in competitive golf, Doug Roxburgh has been at the pinnacle of amateur golf in Canada for more than two decades. He was a shy 17 year old high school student when he won his first BC Amateur title in 1969. He has posted 4 Canadian Amateur titles and a record setting 13 BC Crowns.
Doug was the Canadian Junior Champion in 1970 and won his first of four Canadian Amateur Championships in 1972 (repeating in 1974, 1982 and 1988). Doug then embarked on an amateur career that many in BC would compare to local hero, Ken Black. He has represented Canada seven times at the World Amateur (Eisenhower Trophy).
Career highlights include:
- Won first of 13 BC Amateur titles at age 17
- 4 Canadian Amateur Championships
- 4 Marine Drive Amateur victories and 13 MDGC Championships
- Represented Canada as a part of the Canadian Team at World Amateur Championships at MDGC in 1992
- 3 BC Senior Men's titles
- 1 Canadian Men's Senior title
Doug Roxburgh in the 2008 BC Amateur at Marine Drive Golf Club