February 10, 2020
Marine Drive Golf Club is currently seeking an accountant to join our administrative team. In this important role, the accountant will be a key contributor to the club’s success and growth by assisting our controller to support all facets of our not-for-profit society’s financial requirements.
Established in 1922 Marine Drive Golf Club has consistently been a leading member in the British Columbian golf community. Located at the corner of SW Marine Drive & 57th Ave. W near the Kerrisdale & Southlands neighbourhoods, this historical club blends the graceful beauty of the past with contemporary facilities.
OUR CORE VALUES: Strive Vulnerably, Passion for People, Unequivocal Excellence, Do Right
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING AT MARINE DRIVE GOLF CLUB
- Environment! Marine Drive Golf Club has a rich history of champion golfers and is a long-standing leader in the British Columbian golf community. We have a dedicated team of staff striving to provide the best golf experience in the Pacific Northwest.
- Tee it up! Designed by A.V. Macan in 1922, Marine Drive Golf Club’s well maintained 18 hole golf course has earned the respect of many fine golfers as well as many of golf's top pundits. Staff at Marine Drive Golf Club enjoy limited golfing privileges.
- Interested? Visit our website www.marine-drive.com to learn more about us.
YOUR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements
- Prepare and post journal entries, perform bank reconciliations and all balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities as required to support the team and department
- Provide back up support for Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, as required
- Assist with year end audit and perform other duties as assigned by the Controller
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective communicator (both internally and externally) and operates with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience in a mid level accounting role
- Bachelor's degree (accounting focus)
- Working toward CPA designation is an asset
- High level working knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive health, medical and dental benefits plan
- Opportunity to define your career path within our growing company
- Collaborate closely with strong, well-aligned leadership team
- A competitive salary based on experience.
If you are looking to be a part of the team at one of Canada’s top golf clubs, please email your resume and cover letter to Emily Sum, Controller at email@example.com by Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.