October 29, 2018
POSTING: DINING ROOM MANAGER
Full-time salaried position offering a competitive employment package commensurate with experience.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at Marine Drive Golf Club! As a private club we are able to offer a unique working experience with great benefits and perks as well as a competitive salary. You are fortunate enough to have the ability to play golf on our prestigious golf course that is regarded as one of the best in the country, receive a full staff benefits program after completing your first 3 months with the team, and be part of the exclusive yet fun atmosphere that surrounds Marine Drive Golf Club. Our commitment to you is to provide a cohesive and inclusive work environment with staff social events that encourage you to get to know your peers and become ingrained in the Marine Drive Culture.
Established in 1922, and designed by A.V. Macan, Marine Drive has developed, tested and produced some of Canada’s greatest amateur and professional golfers with countless awards and accolades. A proud member of the BC golfing community, Marine Drive has hosted the Canadian Men’s, Sr. Men’s, Women’s and Junior Amateur Championships, the 1992 World Amateur, the 1999 Ladies’ Commonwealth Trophy Matches, and many other events.
Marine Drive is currently seeking a Dining Room Manager to lead our team of servers, hosts and bartenders. The successful candidate will assist in training, managing and leading their staff to deliver an outstanding dining experience to our members and guests.
Our Values: Service, Stewardship, Openness, Friendship, Pride & Passion
Who We Are as People:
- Delivering ‘WOW’ through service
- Embracing and driving change
- Creating fun & be yourself
- Adventurous, courageous and open minded
- Pursuing growth and learning
- Building open and honest relationships with communication
- Building a positive team and family spirit
- Doing more with less
- Being passionate and determined
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING AT MARINE DRIVE GOLF CLUB
- We’ve got you covered! We have an excellent extended benefits package including MSP, dental, prescriptions and more!
- Tee it up!Designed by A.V. Macan in 1922, Marine Drive Golf Club’s well maintained 18 hole golf course has earned the respect of many fine golfers as well as many of golf's top pundits. Staff at Marine Drive Golf Club golfing privileges.
- Staff Meals! All staff are welcome to order off the menu for a meal a day at no charge.
- We are looking for a team player who is dependable and will be a role model and leader for our hosts, servers and bartenders.
- Ensuring day to day excellence in service and consistency in the service experience are paramount.
- Deliver an outstanding dining experience and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Will be assisting the Food & Beverage Manager with running special events.
- Create, plan and execute new member social events and continually analyze ways to improve the current events.
- Manage the daily requirements of the Dining room(s)/ Grill Areas including service training, scheduling, and supervising the floor to ensure service standards are being met.
- Will report directly to the Food & Beverage Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Experience in a similar management position is an asset.
- Experience working in a private club or high end restaurant is an asset.
- Creativity and implementing new ideas is encouraged
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Proficiency in English.
- Serving it Right Certificate.
If you are looking to be a part of the team at one of Canada’s top golf clubs, please email your resume and cover letter to Food & Beverage Manager Wally Jubran at firstname.lastname@example.org.